LiteraryArchitects

Literary Architects, LLC works with authors to combine the quality and standards of traditional publishing with the flexibility and control of self-publishing. Literary Architects' publishing professionals specialize in selecting and partnering with committed authors to produce trade-quality books, consulting with authors to plan and execute custom sales and marketing strategies, and providing authors with fulfillment and distribution of their books.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ask, Don't Tell

Yesterday, in a launch meeting as we set manuscript submission deadlines, one of my authors jokingly said "Ask me to do something, don't tell me. I'll be a lot more likely to do it." He's a life and financial coach, so I tend to listen to his nuggets of wisdom. Plus, he really wasn't joking. Asking instead of demanding is pretty easy to do actually. "Could you get that chapter to me on May 1?" "Could you have your corrections back to us by Weds." "Would you be so kind as to send me your ideas?" We all tend to live in a world of demonstrating how important we are, not how important the person we're talking to is. So, I'm going to pay attention and see how it works. I suspect he'll be right, as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home